Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Creative Cooking

I've been getting creative lately with cooking. Mainly trying to cook less carbs and be more healthy. A slow start to the journey back to pre-baby Kelli. This recipe was given to me by one of my oldest friends, Le Pickett. Thank girl! Can't wait to try her shrimp portabella mushrooms!

Eggplant Pizza
1 Large Eggplant
1 Bag Mozzarella Cheese
1 Roma Tomato
Olive Oil
Pizza Sauce (or you can make your own marinara sugar/carb free)
Any other toppings you would like (I used Pepperoni)
Salt & Pepper

Cut Eggplant in 1/4 inch thick circles or lengthwise if shape doesn't bother you. Brush with olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender. Remove from oven and dress like a pizza. Pizza Sauce, then Pepperoni, cheese, and tomatoes. (I added a sprinkle of oregano to add flavor.) Place back in oven and bake until cheese melts/browns. Bon Appetite!

Makes enough for two people.... but it depends on the eggplant size.


Also pictured is
Carb Free Mashed Potatoes
Steam Cauliflower, then blend (I used a hand blender, but you can use a blender) until smooth. Add butter, salt, and pepper. You can also add cheese if you would like. It really has the consistency of mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment